SCUL-SENSE™ Stainless Steel High-Pressure Chemical Sensor
Liquid level sensor for the chemical industries
- Designed to be used with the Scully Intellitrol®, ST-15, and/or ST-35 series loading rack control monitors
- Can be used for overfill prevention and point level detection on road tankers, rail cars, and storage tanks
- Critical component in Scully’s unique and patented Dynacheck® circuit design
- Available in either two- or five-wire versions
- Ensures a safe and reliable loading operation by constantly checking a “closed loop” pulsing signal across the entire system
- Eliminates operator involvement to end the loading operation—pumps and valves are shutdown if rising fuel contacts the sensor
- Constructed of SS 316 stainless steel, Borosylicate (Pyrex® glass), and SIMRIZ® O-rings, and are compatible with a wide range of chemicals
Use with Scully electronic control equipment for consistent fail-safe monitoring
Part Numbers listed below are for FM approved Products; for ATEX approved products, please see the following technical data sheets: SculSense Stainless Steel Sensor_67100_RevE_UK_BE.pdf
||SP-TO(SS) – Two-Wire Optic Stainless Steel Chemical Sensor only
||SP-FU(SS) – Five-Wire Optic Stainless Steel Chemical Sensor only
||SP-FU(SS) “E”- Five-Wire Optic Stainless Steel Chemical Sensor (EN13922 wire colors)
||SP-MHC(SS) – Stainless Steel Holder assembly with 3/4″ NPT thread (no sensor)
||SP-MHCE(SS) – Stainless Steel Holder assembly with 3/4″ NPT, 2″ BSPT, M20 (no sensor)
||-40° F to +140° F (-40°C to +60°C)
||Groups C & D hazardous materials and non-hazardous materials which are compatible with optic sensing technology. Consult the factory for specific chemical compatibility.
||SS 316 Stainless Steel, Borosilicate (Pyrex®) Glass, SIMRIZ® Seal.
|Detection Level and Size:
||Fixed, refer to diagram. The sensor may be adjusted to any length using 3/4″ stainless steel pipe and a pipe coupling.
||±1/16″ (1 mm)
||36″ (45 cm) long Teflon insulated wires, 22 AWG (0.33 mm2)
||Two holes, 1/2″ NPT threads.
||Sensor: 15.5 oz (0.45 kg)
Holder: 2.8 lbs (1.27 kg)
||The sensor is intrinsically safe for mounting Class I, Division 1, Groups C and D Hazardous location in accordance with Scully Control unit approval ratings
||The sensor is intrinsically safe for mounting in Zone 0 according to ATEX Directive 94/9/EC Ex ia IIB T5 Ga (-40°C ≤ Ta ≤ +60°C)